Friday, October 8, 2010

Long, slow slide to the bottom.

Hey all,

Welcome to my little corner of the net.  I will endeavor to make this blog a useful reference tool for anyone that is interested in Phoenix, AZ area residential real estate.  I am constantly perusing several sources on a daily basis in order to keep my fingers on the pulse of the market.  I will use this blog as a platform to share a condensed version of what I encounter.  Enjoy and feel free to offer feedback!

October 08, 2010

Since last May, Phoenix area homes are down an average of $9000. I believe this is an even greater number in the areas in which I specialize (San Tan Valley, Apache Junction, Mesa). We seem to get hit the hardest.
Foreclosures accounted for 45 percent of the existing-home market activity in August.  Can you believe it?  45%!!!   Buyers have seem to have disappeared as well.  A sluggish economy and job uncertainty couple together to keep buyers out of a market where great interest rates and low prices should be attracting them.

If nothing else, this is an interesting market.  I can't wait to see what will happen next.  

No comments:

Post a Comment